UCB’s student app is relaunched today – providing instant access to essential information about the year ahead.
Using an easy-to-navigate dashboard, students can access emails, timetables, and results; as well as practical features including Find a PC and My Printing Credits.
U@UCB has been in development for more than six months, and draws on the success of the existing app, which was first released on iTunes in 2013.
Luke Dellar, UCB’s mobile applications developer, said it will be a valuable resource for staff as well. The Search for a Student facility enables lecturers to locate individual students based on their daily timetable.
Students can use the app to:
- Check their next timetabled class, classes for the current week, and for most of the academic year. The timetable updates automatically and users can add events to their iOS calendar.
- Access attendance figures, for every module, throughout the academic year.
- Check current library loans, keep tabs on borrowed books and see if any are overdue.
- Find module reading lists.
- Locate an available PC at Summer Row, Richmond House and McIntyre House.
- University students can access all their exam and coursework results.
- Access vital safeguarding information.
- Tap into other online resources including UCB Online, ProMonitor and student email services.
Luke, who previously worked alongside UCB’s Amy Hollier to create the popular food and wine pairing app, Wine Find, added: “Ease of use was top of the list of things I wanted to achieve. This app is quick, slick and easier to use than the previous one. It’s important that students can get the information they require quickly.”
The app can be downloaded via:
Staff or students who encounter problems using the app should email firstname.lastname@example.org.