An evening of celebration and success
A gallery of photographs from the event is available here. (to save a photo simply right click and select 'save image as')
UCB’s level 3 students celebrated completing their courses in style at a Celebration Event evening at Birmingham Town Hall, held in recognition of all their hard work and achievements.
UCB’s Pro-Vice-Chancellor Alex Lofthouse began the night with a special welcome to friends and family before Vice-Chancellor & Principal Ray Linforth took the floor to congratulate the students and begin the presentations. Student of the Year and Memorial Awards were offered to certain students for outstanding effort and achievement from each academic school.
The winners of these awards were as follows:
The John Slaughter Memorial Award
- Jade Bissell - CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education
- Chloe Thompson - Edexcel Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Isabelle Brant - Edexcel Level 3 Extended Diploma in Hospitality
The Helen Betteridge Memorial Award
- Kaleigh Perrow - ITEC NVQ Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy
FE Outstanding Students of the Year
- Sarina Maryum - CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education
- Victoria Brissett - Edexcel Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Edward Marsh - C&G VRQ Level Diploma in Advanced Professional Cookery
- Emily Grosvenor - Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects, Hair and Media Make-up
Outstanding Apprentice of the Year
- Thomas Cull - EDI Diploma in Professional Cookery (Prep and Cooking) Level 3 Apprenticeship
Students celebrated with their lecturers and fellow students and had commemorative photos taken by a professional photographer.
After the ceremony, everyone was invited to attend an after-party held at BarOne, where the red carpet was rolled out and students and guests could continue their merriment with a food buffet and a DJ.
Alex Lofthouse, said: “This year saw more students and their families and friends attending the event than ever before – selling out the whole venue. It was my privilege and pleasure to be able to congratulate our students on their achievements and also share the sense of prides from their families and friends.
“The achievements of the class of 2014 are amongst the highest ever achieved by our further education students with many gaining top grades