University of Birmingham and University College Birmingham partnership
In July 2017, University College Birmingham and the University of Birmingham signed an innovative, new partnership agreement.
This builds on our existing relationship, which has seen the University of Birmingham accredit and award 20,000 University College Birmingham degrees over the past 22 years.
The partnership creates a new model for collaboration, harnessing the distinctive and collective strengths of our two universities, to improve outcomes for young people through a range of joint activities, including:
- Degree apprenticeships - focusing initially on nursing
- Further enhancing student opportunities to access Higher Education through Further Education routes
- Academic teaching staff training and development
- Creating a better Birmingham student experience by sharing facilities
- Helping international students to access education opportunities in Birmingham
This pioneering partnership will further strengthen the city’s educational excellence and the development of a diverse, highly skilled workforce in the region.
Read the news story here.